Audi A3 1.8T AUM Engine
Large Network Of Engine Suppliers
Audi A3 1.8T AUM Engine For Sale
Your engine / part enquiry will be sent to a wide network of engine importers, scrap yards, re-manufacturers, and car salvage yards. They will promptly respond to you.
- Save your time! Get in touch with a large number of scrap yards and motor importers quickly.
- Receive multiple quotes! Several companies will contact you with their prices.
- Buy used engines directly from the seller! There are no middlemen fees involved.
Phone: 087 135 2226 (Monday – Friday).
Audi A3 1.8T AUM Engine Specs
|No. of valves||20|
|Power Output in KW||110 KW|
|Torque Output||210 Nm|
|Bore x Stroke||81 mm x 86.4 mm|
Audi A3 1.8T AUM Engine FAQ
The 1.8T AUM engine was produced by Audi from 1997 to 2001 . The 1.8T engine has been very reliable  but it can suffer from common failures that will need to be diagnosed and repaired before you fit your 1.8T engine into a car again.
3 Common causes of 1.8t Quattro turbo failure
- Turbocharger Failure: 1 or more vanes in the turbo can become stuck or break off completely leading to serious damage to the engine. This type of damage cannot be repaired and you will need to buy a new 1.8T turbocharger.
- Leaky Intake Manifold Gasket : 1.8T engines are frequently affected by an intake manifold gasket that can go bad causing oil to leak into the cylinder head where it is burnt off, but eventually this oil contamination will cause further damage requiring repair .
- Oil Pump Failure: 1 engine issue that 1.8T Quattro turbo engines commonly suffer from is that of the timing belt driven oil pump failing which results in complete lack of lubrication of moving parts within the engine leading to expensive repairs