Hyundai G4CP Sonata J1/J2 2.0 Engine
Large Network Of Engine Suppliers
Hyundai G4CP Sonata J1/J2 2.0 Engine For Sale
Your engine / part enquiry will be sent to a wide network of engine importers, scrap yards, re-manufacturers, and car salvage yards. They will promptly respond to you.
- Save your time! Get in touch with a large number of scrap yards and motor importers quickly.
- Receive multiple quotes! Several companies will contact you with their prices.
- Buy used engines directly from the seller! There are no middlemen fees involved.
Phone: 087 135 2226 (Monday – Friday).
Hyundai G4CP Sonata J1/J2 2.0 Engine Specs
|No. of valves||16|
|Power Output in KW||77 KW|
|Torque Output||168 Nm|
|Bore x Stroke||86.7 mm x 86.7 mm|
Hyundai G4CP Sonata J1/J2 2.0 Engine FAQ
Hyundai G4C enginesThe line of engines of the Sirius family for the Korean Hyundai includes several units that are similar to each other. All of them are labeled as G4C, but have different volume and maximum power. Specifications for G4CM, G4CN, G4CP, G4CS and G4CU are listed below.
Description of G4C engines
- The 1.8-liter G4CM engine was produced from 1988 to 1998 under an MMC license, since it was structurally a copy of the well-known 4G. The engine uses a single camshaft scheme.
- The 1.8-liter G4CN was produced from 1992-1998 under license. This is a copy of a Japanese 4G motor. Uses two camshafts.
- 2-liter G4CP - a copy of the Mitsubishi 4G Two versions were produced - for 8 and 16 valves. The last modification is better known as G4CPD or G4DP. The 139-horsepower 2-liter G4CPD engine debuted a little later. Installed on a Hyundai Sonata.
- The single-cam 2.4-liter G4CS was installed in the Hyundai Sonata 2 and Starex. Fuel is gasoline. The cost of a contract engine today is about 60-70 thousand rubles.
- The 3.5-liter G4CU is the largest in the lineup. It develops 194 hp. With. The power unit is equipped with distributed injection, 6 cylinders and 4 valves for each of them. Installed on a Hyundai Terracan.
The main problems with these engines are:
- noise under the bonnet, which indicates the failure of the hydraulic lifters;
- breakage of the timing belt and balancing, leading to a meeting of pistons with valves;
- increased vibrations caused by critical wear of one of the engine mounts;
- swimming speed, which is associated with clogging of the nozzles, XX sensor or throttle.
|Maximum power, l. With.||95-110||135||114 - 117||194|
|Fuel consumption, l/100 km||8.8 - 13.2||11.5 - 12.8||8.9 - 9.5||13.9 - 15.2|
|engine's type||In-line, 4-cylinder||In-line, 4-cylinder||In-line, 4-cylinder||V6, port injection|
|Cylinder diameter, mm||80.6||86.5|
|Number of valves per cylinder||2||4||2||4|
|Piston stroke, mm||88||88||100|
|What cars did you install it on?||Hyundai Sonata for the Korean and American markets||Hyundai Sonata for the domestic market||Hyundai Sonata for the European and American markets||Hyundai Terracan|