Invalid engine torque signal. The control unit reports that it receives information about incorrect speed of the power unit. The problem may be related to the crankshaft and camshaft sensor, as well as the control module itself.
The control unit captures a critically low level of engine fluid in the engine. The problem may be a volume sensor or a leak in the consumable. The latter occurs when the engine is damaged or the drain plug is worn.
High oil level in the car engine. The problem must be sought in the pressure sensors and lines of the system.
Error P0011 (0011), indicating the timing of the camshafts, the most likely causes of the problem:
- malfunction of the CVVT system;
- damage or breakage of the VVT-I valve as a result of clogging or installation errors;
- malfunction of the oil flow system to the VCT piston chamber.
It is necessary to check the camshaft sensor and check its voltage with a multimeter. If the device is operational, the phase controller is diagnosed.
Error code P0012 appears when the camshaft is in the wrong position. The user needs to check the sensor itself, and also make sure the alignment of the labels on the pulley.P0014The combination P0014 or 0014 appears when there is a malfunction in the operation of the variable valve timing system.
Possible causes of the error:
- CVVT valve malfunction;
- tension or damage to the timing chain or belt;
- tensioner wear;
- clogged engine oil channels, use of low-quality consumables;
- failure or formation of soot on candles;
- CVVT clutch malfunction.
An error in the position of the crankshaft and camshafts, which indicates a malfunction in the valve timing
The pressure signal in the turbocharger does not meet the normalized values. There may be problems with the sensors.
Error P0106 is due to an incorrect pressure level recorded in the engine intake manifold. The problem may be in the wrong range of values in the barometric pressure circuit. All elements of the system must be checked for leaks and damage.
Malfunctions in the thermostat of the engine cooling system. Problems associated with this device will cause overheating of the power unit and its inefficient operation. Coolant will not be able to fully circulate in both cooling circles. It is necessary to test the wiring of the device, and also make sure that the assembly opens the valves on time.
The combination P0171 (0171) is the result of a lean air-fuel mixture.
Code P0172 indicates re-enrichment of the air-fuel mixture, this error can be caused by the following reasons:
- clogging or malfunction of the mass air flow sensor; poor contact of the device with the mains is also possible;
- air filter – air leaks or clogging;
- malfunction of the oxygen controller or damage to the power line;
- malfunction of the adsorber valve;
- high pressure in the fuel rail.
An incorrect power balance has been detected in the first cylinder of the power unit. It is recommended to diagnose the first nozzle of the motor, the problem will be solved by cleaning the contacts if they are dirty.
The problem is jamming the solenoid valve in the nozzle
The combination P0300 (0300) is the result of misfiring of the combustible mixture in one of the cylinders. The problem may be accidental or permanent. To find the cause, you need to use an ohmmeter to check the resistance level in the primary winding of the ignition coil. If the device is serviceable, the resulting value will be 0.75 Ohms, in other cases, the part changes.
The reasons why this error appears:
- malfunctions in the fuel system;
- problems associated with the release or intake of air;
- change in ignition timing;
- broken coil or one of the candles.
Combinations P0300 and P0301 usually appear together, but this code indicates directly the misfire in the first cylinder of the power unit. It is necessary to check the operation of all sensors and elements of the ignition system.
The control module reports misfires recorded in the second cylinder of the motor
The control unit has registered the misfire of the air-fuel mixture in the third cylinder of the engine
Code P0304 appears with misfire registered in the fourth cylinder of the power unit
P0420, P0421, P0422
Codes 0420, 0421, 0422 can be decoded as “low efficiency in the operation of the catalyst.” This node has ceased to perform its functions, the Check indicator will appear on the dashboard. We must try to use another fuel, if this does not help, then we will need to dismantle and diagnose the catalyst.
Malfunctions in the operation of this unit are accompanied by the following symptoms:
- increase in fuel consumption;
- decrease in vehicle dynamics;
- sharp jumps in crankshaft speed;
- extraneous sound, similar to rattling, observed from the side of the crankshaft.
The idle speed governor system malfunctions. The crankshaft control unit reports that the speed is higher than the expected parameter.
Malfunction of the throttle control system. The characteristics coming to the control module from the mechanism do not correspond to the normalized indicators and are outside the range.
Error P0670 is related to damage or incorrect operation of the glow plug control module. The on-board computer reports a break or damage to the device’s power line. Code 0670 appears only if, upon activation of the relay of the spark plugs, too much current flows on the relay line for more than 1 second.
The problem associated with the operation of the nozzles, which can lead to improper formation of the air-fuel mixture
The control unit reports re-enrichment of the air-fuel mixture
Literally, the code P1159 (1159) is translated as “a malfunction of the motor with a variable air flow rate.” The problem is accompanied by malfunctions in the power unit, including air reduction and engine idling.
On cars Kia Magentis 2L, Serato 2008, 2012 and other models of different years of production, error P1181 appears when there are malfunctions recorded in the operation of the nozzles.
Possible causes of the problem:
- damage to elements that led to leaks;
- deviation of detail adjustment;
- violation of functions in the operation of nozzles;
- maximum pressure is out of the upper range of permissible norms;
- the minimum pressure is too low and does not correspond to standardized indicators.
The problem may also be the lack of efficiency of the high-pressure fuel pump.
The throttle position sensor load signal is not consistent with the power unit load
Combinations P2096 or 2096 appear when the air-fuel mixture depleted is fixed in the first engine bank.
Problems that could lead to this error:
- contamination or burnout of the catalyst device;
- malfunction of the lower oxygen regulator;
- lack of tightness or damage to the nozzles in the area from the catalyst to the lower lambda probe.
The on-board computer reported the activation of the forced speed limit mode in the operation of the throttle control system. It is necessary to check the wiring, as well as the functioning of the node itself.
Malfunction of the throttle control system. The problem may be in the electric motor of the unit.
The on-board computer reports a malfunction in the throttle control system of the engine. The problem may be a damage to the body of the unit or going beyond the permissible characteristics of the readings from the device.
Error P2187 or 2187 indicates a lean mixture when the engine is idling and is fixed under the following conditions:
- the refrigerant temperature in the engine cooling system is 73 degrees;
- the correction system according to the readings of the oxygen regulator works successfully;
- two cycles of movement occurred;
- long-term adjustment of the idle fuel supply is more than 0.008 g / rev.
- Reasons that could lead to the formation of this error:
- occurrence of air leakage from the exhaust and intake systems EVAP;
- PCV valve malfunctions
- Incorrect signals arriving at the control unit from one of the sensors;
- malfunctions in the fuel system, damage to the nozzles or lack of tightness.
Combinations of P2188 or 2188 on a car of 2007, 2008, 2009 and other years of production appears when there are problems with the formation of an air-fuel mixture. The control unit clarifies that the mixture is re-enriched when the engine is idling.
Possible causes of the problem:
- throttle clogging;
- malfunction of the oxygen regulator;
- malfunction or clogging of the mass air flow sensor;
- air filter contamination.
Codes P2191 and 2191 appear during the depletion of the combustible mixture forming in the engine cylinders.
Methods for resolving the problem:
- Replacing the fuel filter device. You also need to make sure the node is working properly.
- Injector cleaning, diagnosis and replacement of spark plugs. If this does not help, you will need to check the level and quality of the engine fluid. In the event that it contains traces of deposits and wear products, the consumable changes.
- Replacement of oxygen regulators.
If errors P2192 or 2192, the on-board computer reports a re-enrichment of the air-fuel mixture recorded during a serious load on the power unit. The problem is fixed in the first row of cylinders.