Opel Spares And Parts
One Enquiry and contacts ALL Opel Scrap Yards!
With hundred of suppliers at your fingertips and my parts in stock, Engine Finder will certainly help you find the Opel parts and spares you’re searching for. In the improbable circumstance that one of Opel scrap yards don’t have the part you require, we’ll try to source it for you.
Opel scrapyards in South Africa stock a comprehensive selection of Opel parts for the subsequent models: Astra, Adam, Corsa, Monza, Kadett, Meriva, Movano, Mokka, Omega, Tigra, Rekord, Zafira and Vivaro.
The History of Opel
Opel is a German car manufacturer with their headquarters are located in Rüsselsheim, Germany. The company was founded on January 21, 1863, and began producing cars in 1899. Since 1929, they have been owned by General Motors and since 2017, they belongs to PSA. (French automotive company that also own Citroen and Peugeot)
- 1862 – January 21 Adam Opel opened a sewing machine factory.
- 1886 – production of bicycles began.
- 1898 – Opel enters into a contract with auto designer Friedrich Lutzmann from Dessau to build the first car in Rüsselsheim – the “Opel Patent Car, Lutzmann System”.
- 1899 – production of cars under the Opel-Lutzmann brand began.
- 1900 – partnership with Lutzmann fell apart. The son of Adam Opel has signed a license agreement with Automobiles Darracq SA ( France ) for the production of cars under the Opel-Darracq brand. This car had the original Opel body, equipped with a chassis and a two-cylinder Darracq engine.
- 1901 – Opel signs Frenchman Alexandre Darracq to produce Darracq cars under license.
- 1902 – a 10 / 12PS automobile of its own design was introduced at the auto show in Hamburg. Opel 10/12 l. with. – model with a new 2-cylinder engine with built-in water pump. The maximum speed is 45 km / h.
- 1905 – Opel launches higher-end cars. The “35 / 40PS” model appears, with an engine capacity of 6.9 liters. Having established mass production, the Opel brothers won recognition in Germany
- 1906 – a branch of the factory was opened in Berlin (Berlin). Made 1000th car
- 1907 – Opel-Darracq production was discontinued.
- 1909 – A 4 / 8PS model with a 4-cylinder engine, known as the “Doktorwagen” (doctoral car), rated at 3,950 marks, is introduced Opel is taking the first step towards making cars accessible to more consumers.
- 1911 – a fire broke out at the factory , as a result of which it was practically destroyed. A new factory was built to produce vehicles only. Thus, the production of sewing machines was discontinued, and Opel began to produce only cars, bicycles and motorcycles.
- 1912 – production of the 10,000th Opel. The first agreement in the negotiations between employers and labor unions on working conditions sets the standard working hours – 55.5 hours per week and the minimum wage – 36 pfennigs per hour.
- 1914 – Opel becomes the largest car manufacturer in Germany, selling 3335 cars. Opel begins to hire women on the assembly lines.
- 1924 – Opel invests one million gold marks in the modernization of automobile production and becomes the first German manufacturer to start production using the assembly line.
- 1928 — with a market share of 37.5% and 42,771 units sold, Opel is Germany’s largest automobile manufacturer. Opel becomes a joint stock company (German Aktiengesellschaft).
- 1929-1945 – the global economic crisis affected Opel. In search of ways out of the crisis, the Opel family has found a partner in the person of General Motors Corporation. In 1935, at the Berlin Motor Show, Opel presented the first German production car with a full steel frame integrated with the body – the Olympia (Olympia) with a 1.3 liter engine.
- 1929 – In March, General Motors acquired an 80% stake in Adam Opel. Opel is the first German manufacturer to establish an insurance company and a bank to finance sales on credit.
- 1931 – General Motors expanded its stake in Adam Opel to 100%. Opel received for these two transactions in the amount of $ 33.3 million. Opel is actively funding the Nazi Party in the parliamentary elections. The company’s 13,000 employees produce 500 cars and 6,000 bicycles daily.
- 1936 – with an annual production of 120,923 cars, Opel is the largest automaker in Europe.
- 1937 – after long years, during which Opel was the world’s largest manufacturer of bicycles, the company ceases to manufacture them. Opel sells NSU production to concentrate on automotive production.
- 1940 – Opel produces the millionth car. Car production stops in October. Opel was nationalized by the Nazis and during the Second World War, about half of the total number of trucks for the German army and many military aircraft were delivered.
- 1944 – Factories in Rüsselsheim and Brandenburg destroyed by Allied bombs.
- 1945 – General Motors again became the owner of Opel. The production equipment for the Kadett model was dismantled and exported to the USSR. After the end of the war, the former workers began to restore the almost completely destroyed factory in Rüsselsheim.
- 1946 – the first post-war Opel – a 1.5-ton Blitz truck, leaves the factory.
- 1950 – The reconstruction of the plant in Rüsselsheim was completed.
- 1956 – produced a 2 millionth car. Opel doubles performance with the inauguration of a new bodywork factory.
- 1962 – Opel opens the second plant in Bochum.
- 1966 – The millionth Kadett leaves the Bochum plant. Opel opens a testing ground in Dudenhofen and a new component manufacturing plant in Kaiserslautern.
- 1971 – released more than 10 million cars. Georg von Opel, managing director of Adam Opel AG, sets the speed record for electric vehicles at 188 km / h on an Opel GT car.
- 1972 – Opel’s share in the German automotive market reaches 20.4%.
- 1977 – Opel introduced the Senator and Monza models.
- 1981 – Opel became the 1st car company to introduce eco-friendly paints. More than 500 million marks have been invested in the construction of a new paint shop in Russelsheim.
- 1982 – Opel builds a new factory in Spain to produce the Opel Corsa.
- 1983 – The 20 millionth car is produced in Rüsselsheim. Clutch discs are made asbestos free.
- 1985 – Opel becomes the first manufacturer to offer a full range of models equipped with catalytic converters. Opel develops a sponsorship concept for the popularization of team sports in the course of which it concludes a partnership with athletes and world-class teams.
- 1986 – The low-emission Opel Omega becomes the 1987 Automobile.
- 1987 – a new painting shop was opened in Bochum worth 300 million marks.
- 1989 – Opel produces 25 million Opel Omega Caravan models. Opel is the very first organization to set up a closed-loop catalytic converter as typical equipment for all of its petrol driven vehicles in Germany.
- 1992 – Opel plant opened in Eisenach.
- 1994 – Opel produces a 30 millionth car and becomes the main sponsor of the World Cup in the USA.
- 1995 – Opel opens car assembly plant in Poland.
- 1997 – over 100,000 Opel cars were assembled at the Bertone factory near Turin in Italy.
- 2001 – Adam Opel AG and GM Europe announce the expansion of a restructuring program aimed at restoring lost positions and updating the brand. Opel introduces a two-year warranty on all products.
- 2002 – Opel plans to release every six months on a new (updated) model over the next five years. Production of the new Vectra begins at the new plant in Rüsselsheim.
- 2017 – General Motors announced the sale of Opel and Vauxhall to the PSA group (Peugeot and Citroen association).
Past Opel Enquiries
Year / Model
2019-09-20 20:06:22 +02:00
Edmond Tshetlo Ramohlola
looking for a complete engine
2019-09-18 12:37:31 +02:00
Very Important! (Found On Your License Disc)
I'm looking for an Opel corsa y17td engine. Opel corsa diesel.
2019-09-17 11:55:08 +02:00
looking for a renault master engine.
2019-09-17 10:25:58 +02:00
Complete engine with aircon and power steering pump. including the hose from the power steering
2019-09-16 16:57:08 +02:00
Looking for an engine opel astra f c18xe engine standard
2019-09-16 15:44:01 +02:00
BILLY LAW - AUTO TEST KIMBERLEY
1999 OPEL ASTRA CLASIC
Astra 1.6 16 Valve
I am looking for an Opel Astra Clasic 16 valve import engine. I will arrange for the transport of the engine.
2019-09-16 14:52:35 +02:00
looking for a sub assembly or engine block.
2019-09-16 09:47:11 +02:00
looking for a carburetor engine.
2019-09-14 17:35:38 +02:00
2019-09-13 16:12:16 +02:00
Very Important! (Found On Your License Disc)
Hi, im looking for a Z14XEP Opel corsa D engine 2010 model . Thanks.