Renault Engine Fault Codes
Code 033531 indicates an invalid signal from the engine mode sensor. With such an error, the control unit may require the driver to turn off the power unit, determining its condition as operational, although in fact the motor will be turned off. First of all, it is necessary to test the operation of the engine control unit.
Error control unit P0301 and 0301 reports misfire in the air-fuel mixture recorded in the first cylinder of the power unit.
Reasons that could lead to this problem:
- The low quality of the mixture itself, caused by the use of cheap fuel. Low-quality fuel clogs nozzles. The problem may be due to a breakdown of the pressure sensor, a clogged filter, or a faulty fuel pump. Clogging or carbon deposits on spark plugs. The device also becomes inoperative as a result of damage or improperly adjusted clearance.
- Malfunction of high-voltage wires. Cables could be damaged or the reason is the critically high resistance on them.
- Failure of one or more ignition coils or module. If the switchgear housing is damaged, this can lead to moisture entering the mechanism and shorting its contacts.
- Compression is too low or uneven, which results in insufficient compression.
- Incorrect timing adjustment. This may be due to wear or a malfunction of the settings, as well as the lack of tightness of the hydraulic compensators.
- The mechanical problem in the operation of one of the cylinders, in this case, the first. The problem may be due to a decrease in the gap between the device and the piston.
The combination of P0302 or 0302 indicates misfire in the air-fuel mixture in the second cylinder of the power unit. This is due to the fact that unburned fuel enters the exhaust system and burns there, which leads to jerks in the operation of the power unit and a decrease in its power. The problem may be accompanied by shots and pops in the exhaust pipe.
Code P0303 (0303) is associated with the misfire registered in the third cylinder of the engine. The problem may be random or permanent.
The combination P0304 (0304) appears with misfire registered in the fourth cylinder of the power unit. The steps to find and eliminate the cause are similar.
The engine control unit recorded random or multiple misfires in the engine’s combustible mixture. With a P0300 (0300) error, the motor will be unstable, including a decrease in traction and a drop in dynamics. Cylinders in which gaps occur, the user must determine independently
Code 079 or 2119 is associated with a malfunction in the servo throttle module tracking systemDF109, P0313The on-board computer of the car reports a misfire in the air-fuel mixture with a minimum remaining fuel
Code 110 appears when there is a malfunction of the catalytic converter. The user needs to test the operation of the unit and verify its integrity, the absence of mechanical defects and damage. The error may be due to a violation of the tightness of the device or malfunction of the sensor.Df124Generic code indicating misfiring of a combustible mixture.
Reasons why this error could happen:
- breakdown of the armored wire connected to the spark plugs;
- malfunction of one or more coils or their poor connection;
- failure of the spark plug or the formation of carbon deposits on its tip;
- malfunctioning fuel injectors;
- critical wear or mechanical damage to the piston ring;
- freezing or burnout of one of the valves;
- poor fit of the valve disc as a result of carbon deposits or breakage of the hydraulic compensator, push rod device or other components of the motor.
The problems associated with the combustion of the air-fuel mixture in the first cylinder. The cause of error 130 may be misfire.
On Renault Megane and other models, this code indicates a malfunction during combustion of the air-fuel mixture, recorded in the third cylinder of the engine. The problem may be due to low engine compression or a malfunction of one of the controllers – oxygen or air mass flow. In the event of a breakdown, the first must be replaced, and the second can be tried to clean using a special tool.
High pressure in the fuel line of the vehicle. An error can occur only when the engine is operating under high loads, for example, when driving uphill.
If code 141 is included in the list of errors, then it may have several interpretations:
- Fuel related problems. This malfunction may consist in the absence of fuel, malfunction of the fuel pressure sensor, malfunctions in the functioning of the control module or damage to one of the components of the fuel system.
- Damage to the electrical circuit or malfunction of the optical controller located in the driver’s door. The problem must be sought by searching for damaged electrical circuits.
On Renault Magnum 480 cars and other versions, this code can indicate several types of malfunctions:
- breakdown of the turbocharger pressure sensor;
- damage to the power cable connected to the controller;
- incorrect readings between atmospheric pressure and boost pressure.
This error indicates the use of liquefied air-fuel mixture in the engine cylinders. The problem indicates the need to diagnose the intake system and adjust the valves. To find the cause, you will need a special stand, so this operation is best carried out at a service station.
Malfunction or clogged engine particulate filter. It is necessary to carry out a detailed diagnosis of the filter device and carry out its cleaning in case of contamination. The problem may be temporary or programmatic in nature and may not be related to the filter.
Air intake in the intake manifold, if this error is not accidental, then it is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- unstable operation of the power unit at idle;
- spontaneous engine stop when idling – in traffic jams, at traffic lights, during short stops;
- the appearance of “dips” during acceleration – the power unit stalls when the gas is pressed sharply, often the problem manifests itself on a cold motor at the beginning of movement;
- an increase in the operating temperature of the engine as a result of the functioning of the unit on a lean mixture
If the car is equipped with a carburetor engine, then first of all, with an error of 301, the user should check the following places:
- gasket under the carburetor device for wear and damage;
- diaphragm carburetor unit;
- vacuum nozzles for controlling the ignition timing connected to the switchgear;
- carburetor fitting – these elements can be inserted loosely;
- the so-called sole of the unit for deformation.
General engine error code. With an error of 341, it is necessary to test all components and assemblies for operability. The performance of the motor as a whole after diagnosis may be limited. Depending on the symptoms, options and troubleshooting methods are selected.
Malfunction in a camshaft phase regulator. If errors P0011 or 0011, it is necessary to check the integrity of the pulley and make sure that there is no physical damage to the device.
Codes P0420 or 0420 indicate problems in the operation of the catalytic converter.
If this node is faulty, this leads to the manifestation of the following symptoms:
- the appearance of the Check light on the dashboard;
- low exhaust gas flow from the vehicle silencer;
- change in the smell of exhaust gases;
- slow acceleration of the car, reducing its power and dynamics;
- uncharacteristic sound coming from the device.
Possible reasons why the catalyst fails:
- regular refueling with low-quality fuel;
- the use of non-original catalyst in cars;
- failures in the operation of the power unit, which lead to an increase in the volume of combustion products in the exhaust system;
- off-road vehicle operation.
Code P0170 is associated with a malfunction of the fuel supply system, the problem is accompanied by the following symptoms, if it is not accidental:
- power unit drop;
- spontaneous engine stop when idling, at traffic lights or in traffic jams;
- decrease in dynamics during movement;
- increase in fuel consumption;
- difficulties when starting the motor up to the impossibility of starting the power unit.
Failures in the operation of the throttle servo, if this error is not temporary, then it is accompanied by such “symptoms”:
- unstable operation of the power unit on a cold;
- jumps in engine speed during its operation in different modes;
- a sharp decrease in engine power when you press the gas;
- a significant increase in fuel consumption;
- the Check Engine light can be switched on and off arbitrarily on a car with the engine running;
- the engine shuts off randomly, and after a restart, it works for a certain time without failures.
The vehicle’s on-board computer detected misfire in one of the engine cylinders. A specific number is not indicated, so the user needs to fully test the operation of the power unit.
Code P0638 (0638) indicates a malfunction in the monitoring system of the throttle mechanism unit with a servo drive. It is necessary to test the quality of the connection of the device, and also make sure that there are no internal circuits of the damper motor.
Malfunction of a throttle control system with a servo drive
Failure in the boost system. It is required to check the operation of the turbine and turbocharger device.
Literally, this code can be deciphered as “the adaptive parameters of the fuel supply control system are outside the operating range.” This suggests that the fuel system is not able to regulate the flow of fuel for the formation of the air-fuel mixture.
The main causes of the problem:
- malfunction or clogging of the high-pressure fuel filter; device replacement required;
- nozzle contamination or damage to their power circuits;
- a malfunction in the fuel pressure sensor installed in the pump.
Malfunction in the control system of the immersion heater block. These elements are controlled by the module depending on the operating mode of the power unit and are used to accelerate the heating of the refrigerant. In the event of a malfunction of these units, the coolant warms up significantly longer or does not heat up at all to the desired temperature. Malfunctions in the operation of the unit can also lead to overheating of the power unit.
The code indicates the ingress of oil into the fuel, the main causes of the problem:
- Malfunction of piston rings. The devices become less tightly pressed and the lubricant flows through leaks.
- Damage to the diaphragm of the fuel pump device.
- Malfunction of the needle valve located in the float chamber, fuel overflow into the carburetor device.
- Malfunctions in the functioning of individual elements of the ignition system.
- Lack of compression in one or more cylinders of the power unit.
This error is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- power unit reduction;
- excessive consumption of fuel;
- the appearance of the smell of unburned fuel in the exhaust gases, the smoke itself becomes more gray and thick;
- malfunctions in the operation of the power unit, the motor troit, may stall arbitrarily;
- the appearance of new noises during engine operation, knocking in the area of pistons, crankshaft;
- increased lubrication in the crankcase;
- the lubricant (oil) has become more liquid, the lubricant can quickly ignite from an open flame.
Code P0314 indicates misfire in the air-fuel mixture. The cylinder number is not indicated, so the user needs to test the power unit on their own.
Servo throttle position mismatch message. It is necessary to check the mechanism itself and clean it if necessary.
The malfunction is related to the operation of the fuel system. First, you should diagnose the pressure level in the fuel supply lines with a pressure gauge. The user needs to make sure that the fuel pump is working properly, as well as check the safety elements and supply fuel to the pump. Perhaps the “return” of the fuel system is clogged and needs to be cleaned.
Code 0299 indicates a reduced boost pressure, which may be due to the following reasons:
- excess air in the intake manifold or air flow is difficult due to a clogged air filter;
- critically low level of pressure of the engine fluid in the power unit associated with a malfunction of the oil sensor or a leak of consumables;
- malfunctions of the engine turbine or blower device;
- charge pressure controller malfunction;
- malfunctioning EGR system.
With such an error, the Check indicator on the dashboard is on, the vehicle can go into emergency mode of speed limitation up to 40 km / h. Motor power is significantly reduced, and uncharacteristic noise is observed in the area of the turbine and compressor unit.
When this code appears, check the following items:
- turbocharged device or supercharger;
- intake system for mechanical damage;
- boost pressure sensor;
- EGR valve
- check the oil level in the engine and fill it if necessary, and also eliminate the leak, if any.
P1638 code can have several decryptions:
- malfunction of the throttle control system;
- malfunctions in the operation of the main relay of the injection system – the voltage does not correspond to the normalized parameters.
The P2108 code is associated with a malfunction or malfunction of the throttle actuator control module. First, it is recommended to clean the mechanism and nozzles. You should also make sure the integrity of the wires connected to the damper position sensor and the idle speed controller.