Get Engine / Part Prices Now!
Looking For Mercedes W203 Engines For Sale?
If you are looking for a W203 Mercedes used engine for sale, you’ve come to the right spot. Whatever Mercedes Benz C-Class you drive whether it be a c230 or C200 kompressor, we’ll allow you to very easily get in touch with a big network of Mercedes engine importers and motor spares businesses in South Africa.
Save your time and money by getting in contact with lots of reliable salvage yards instantly. Quotes can arrive sometime within 15 minutes (during work days of course).
Whether you are an auto mechanic, automobile dealer or a driver it does not really make any difference. Engine Finder can help you locate used Mercedes Benz engines quicky.
Mercedes Engine Importers & Scrap Yards in South Africa
Recent Mercedes Engine Enquiries
More Info on the W203 Mercedes
Introduction To The W203 Mercedes Benz (Kompressor)
The Mercedes-Benz 203 series is the series of the mid-range C-Class produced from March 2000 to August 2007 . It replaced the 202 series , which had been built since 1993 . The successor series 204 was presented in March 2007 as a sedan at the Geneva Motor Show. Sales of the T-model presented at the IAA started on December 1, 2007.
The S 203 (station wagon) was produced at the DaimlerChrysler plant in Bremen , while the W 203 (sedan) was manufactured at the plants in Bremen, Sindelfingen until December 14, 2006, and as a right-hand and left-hand drive version at the East London plant ( South Africa ) . The sports coupé (CL 203) was produced at the Sindelfingen plant, with production being relocated to the Brazilian plant in Juiz de Fora from spring 2007 .
At first only the sedan came on the market, which followed the station wagon from January 2001. Even before the station wagon, a more compact, visually modified sports coupé (CL 203) was offered from October 2000 . From 2002, the 4MATIC all – wheel drive was also installed in the C 240 4MATIC and C 320 4MATIC models, with a 5-speed automatic transmission as standard. The 5-speed automatic transmission was otherwise available as an option for all models.
With the Classic , Elegance and Avantgarde lines , three design and equipment options were available, which could be supplemented with additional extras. From March 2005, the special models Sport Edition and Sport Edition + were added. After four years, a model update took place in April 2004 ( acronym : “MoPf”).
The early production years in particular are affected by corrosion on the doors, wheel arches, bonnet and trunk. The manufacturer has sometimes carried out improvements. In 2006 the two millionth 203 came off the assembly line. This makes this C-Class the most built Mercedes model based on the production period.
Changes by the facelift in the spring of 2004
- Chassis and gearbox are sportier and now called Direct Control .
- Interior with a new cockpit design (including white illuminated round instruments, chrome trim, seat design), redesigned controls and the standard Thermatic automatic climate control .
- Scratch-resistant paint based on nano-technology and headlights in clear glass look as standard.
- Bi- xenon headlights with cornering lights , steering wheel shift buttons for the automatic transmission and new audio / navigation systems as optional equipment.
- Redesigned front section (bumpers, 3-louvre radiator grille and headlights)
- Rear lights in brilliant optics, the rear lights of the sports coupe are additionally provided with white stripes
- New LED side indicators in clear glass optics.
- New, optional sports steering wheel with buttons in aluminum look.
- Track widened to 1505 millimeters (previously 1493).
- Optional 320-watt sound system with surround sound ( harman / kardon logic7 ) and Linguatronic voice control .
- Standard 16-inch rims and 205/55 R 16 tires, new rim designs and hubcaps for Classic .
- The Classic and Elegance equipment lines have the side skirts and the rear bumper of the Avantgarde model.
- Elegance – and avant-garde equipment now with chrome curb trim.
- Avantgarde can now be selected with new aluminum or, if desired, with the anthracite-colored precious wood birdseye maple. The seats are made from a combination of fabric (seat surface) and Artico leather (seat side bolsters).
- New bearings on the front and rear axles, which enable more agile cornering without sacrificing comfort, a reinforced stabilizer on the rear axle.
- Engines: C 230 compressor from a sports coupé and 110 kW (150 hp) instead of the previous 105 kW (143 hp) for the C 220 CDI.
- Additive-free particle filter system for the diesel models C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI and C 320 CDI meet the Euro 4 and PM5 emissions standards that will apply from 2005. The additive-free particle filter system for the sedan and sports coupe was available from mid-2003 with the introduction of the OM646.
- C 55 AMG : eight-cylinder with 270 kW (367 hp) and 510 Newton meters replaces the C 32 AMG. This changed the front (headlights, grille, apron). As an option, the C 55 AMG could also be equipped with a 294 kW power kit and the speed limit increased to 280 km / h.
- Two new optional equipment packages from 2005: Sport Edition and Sport Edition + ( Sport Edition + additionally with AMG front apron and side skirts).
- From 2005 new generation of six-cylinder engines (C 230, C 280, C 350, C 320 CDI), optionally with a new 7-speed automatic transmission. The C 280 and C 350 are available with 4MATIC all-wheel drive.
- From 2006 there was a new chrome design key in the C-Class, and there are now aluminum shift paddles instead of shift paddles.
- A mobile phone pre-installation (code 386) with the SIM Access Profile was available from October 2006 .
W203 Mercedes Review
|C 160||1,796 cc (16V I4) supercharged – M271||90 kW @ 5200|
|C 180||1,998 cc (16V I4) – M111||95 kW @ 5500|
|C 180 Kompressor||1,796 cc (16V I4) supercharged – M27||105 kW @ 5200|
|C 200 Kompressor||1,998 cc (16V I4) supercharged – M111||120 kW @ 5300|
|C 200 Kompressor||1,796 cc (16V I4) supercharged – M271||120 kW @ 5500|
|C 200 CGI||1,796 cc (16V I4) supercharged – M271||125 kW @ 5500|
|C 230 Kompressor||1,796 cc (16V I4) supercharged – M271||141 kW @ 5800|
|C 230 Kompressor||2.3 supercharged – M111||143 kW @ 5500|
|C 230||2,496 cc (24V V6) – M272||150 kW @ 6100|
|C 240||2,597 cc (18V V6) – M112||127 kW @ 5500|
|C 280||2,997 cc (24V V6) – M272||170 kW @ 6000|
|C 320||3,199 cc (18V V6) – M112||160 kW @ 5700|
|C 350||3,498 cc (24V V6) – M272||200 kW @ 6000|
|C 32 AMG||3,199 cc (18V V6) supercharged – M112||260 kW @ 6100|
|C 55 AMG||5,439 cc (24V V8) – M113||270 kW @ 5750|
Mercedes-Benz W203 Engines
The Mercedes-Benz W203, also known as the C-Class, was produced from 2000 to 2007. It was available in sedan, coupe, and wagon body styles and came with a range of petrol and diesel engines. Some of the most popular engines include:
- 1.8-liter M271 I4 engine
- 2.0-liter M111 I4 engine
- 2.3-liter M111 I4 engine
- 2.5-liter M272 V6 engine
- 3.0-liter M272 V6 engine
- 3.2-liter M112 V6 engine
- 5.4-liter M113 V8 (AMG C55) engine
- 2.2-liter OM611 diesel I4 engine
- 2.7-liter OM612 diesel I5 engine
- 3.0-liter OM642 diesel V6 engine
W203 Engine Codes
Each engine in the W203 also has a unique engine code, which can be helpful when searching for replacement parts. Here are some of the engine codes for the W203:
- 1.8-liter M271 I4 engine – M271.940, M271.941, M271.946
- 2.0-liter M111 I4 engine – M111.951, M111.955, M111.957
- 2.3-liter M111 I4 engine – M111.981, M111.983
- 2.5-liter M272 V6 engine – M272.920, M272.921
- 3.0-liter M272 V6 engine – M272.920, M272.921, M272.922, M272.923
- 3.2-liter M112 V6 engine – M112.946, M112.947, M112.953, M112.955, M112.973
- 5.4-liter M113 V8 (AMG C55) engine – M113.990
- 2.2-liter OM611 diesel I4 engine – OM611.962, OM611.961
- 2.7-liter OM612 diesel I5 engine – OM612.961, OM612.967
- 3.0-liter OM642 diesel V6 engine – OM642.850, OM642.851, OM642.852, OM642.862
The Mercedes-Benz W203 was a popular compact executive car that was produced from 2000 to 2007. It was praised for its driving dynamics and build quality, although some owners have reported issues with rust and electrical problems. The W203 was available in sedan, coupe, and wagon body styles and came with a variety of petrol and diesel engines. If you want to learn more about the W203, you can check out its Wikipedia page: W203 Mercedes.
W203 Engine Replacement Cost
If you need to replace the engine in your Mercedes-Benz W203, The cost can vary depending on the engine type and where you purchase it from. You can use an engine finder service to compare quotes from engine suppliers in South Africa and find the best deal for your replacement engine. To learn more about the W211 Mercedes, you can visit the W203 Mercedes Wikipedia page.